Thursday, June 11, 2009

On the Origin of Blogging

Have you ever really wanted to do something big and then thought to yourself, "But where do I even begin? This is such a big project and I'm not even sure where to start." Then you think, "Well if I just keep thinking about it, it will never happen." And then, "Ok, I'm just going to do it." Then it's, "Man, why did I ever start blogging in the first place - this is tough. I can't even find a URL that hasn't been taken." Well, I guess the moral is that sometimes you should start your blog before everyone else has taken the URLs you want. I think there may be a moral about sticking through things that are tough too.

Whew. Ok, we've started. I'm not sure where we've started, but we've started. You see, there has been so much that has happened in our lives recently that it is a little daunting to even consider summarizing it all to bring anyone who actually might read this thing up to date. Here's the short version: finished college, moved to northern california, 4 years of medical school (lots of stories there), got married, got a cat, graduated medical school, moved back to San Diego, and start my first day of orientation for my internship tomorrow. I guess that's it.

Well as you might guess, there are a few interesting stories that we've missed already. We may still enter the Delorean and go back in time to tell some of the ones we'd like to remember. Part of the reason we've started this blog is to document our lives in a fun and (hopefully) interesting way (there was a small amount of coercion from some of our dear friends as well). Retrospectively, we kind of regret not having documented more of our lives up to this point - but hey, better late than never, right?

Will we have any interesting stories to tell? Hmmm ... consider this: young married couple with no kids (yet - right now just a cat), husband just graduated medical school and so qualifies as being one of the least experienced doctors on the planet about to start his first year of residency training (the year-long internship) where the learning curve is steeheeheeep, both husband and wife have just moved back to his hometown for said internship and into his parents' home for an as yet indeterminate amount of time where they'll be sharing the house with the parents and a cousin (and the cat). I feel like our lives have just entered the setup for the newest sitcom on NBC.

Don't get me wrong, we are waaaaay excited to be back in San Diego and love the parents and the cousin (and the cat), but I promise there will be some funny stories along the way. We'll do our best to document them as they happen - Ashley is committed to keeping this blog going too - so stay in touch and let us know what you think.

2 comments:

Tim said...

First Post!

Congratulations Sean & Ashley! Look forward to many interesting stories and adventures. Best of luck today.

Fireball said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I hope you do make some trips in the Delorean - I want to hear those stories!